Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Dog

I'm sorry to say the little dog I found didn't make it. I feel terrible about that. She (it was a female) must have been out for a while--the condition of her coat suggests that--and she was obviously seriously injured. She died sometime between midnight on Tuesday and 7:30am on Wednesday. I decided to call her "Matilda"--the name just suggested itself to me. I buried her--no mean feat for me at 7:30 in the morning, before coffee. And, while that solved my dilemma, I can't help feeling sorry that some family has lost a pet and doesn't know it. She didn't have tags, so I can't notify anyone about her death. That makes me incredibly sad.

1 comment:

CrackHeadforTennis said...

Oh no! I didn't read this blog when I left a comment for the last blog. That is sad. Matilda is a sweet name. Hopefully, Matilda is in a better place. You were a great "adopted owner" for the dog. Mrs. Smith for President!