Yes, I should be reading drafts and otherwise grading assignments for my students. Instead, I added a run to the chicken coop.
I ordered this one instead of building it myself, and, while I'm pleased with it, I think I'll just stick to making my own. The hardware cloth really is much bigger than I like, so I need to add some with a tighter weave to the bottom--and, of course, dig a trench to bury said wire.
For the time being, though, it will work. When the ground dries out a bit, I'll finish it off.
The girls like it, and that's what counts!
I need to make this more raccoon-proof, but I'll do that over the next couple of days. I can still reach the nesting box to gather eggs, and I have a small door where I can reach in to close the hatch at night.
It gives them more space, and they need that.