Sunday, January 20, 2008

Now for the Good News...

The cat came back, but he seems to be ill. It's Golum--he was gone for three cold days; I don't know where. I'll probably have to take him to the vet. He might have a cold, but it could be pneumonia. His breathing is labored. What I'm hoping it's NOT is a poisoned rat. These cats never think about what they put in their mouths.

My nephew and his wife found out that the baby they are expecting in June is a girl! And my niece (sister to the aforementioned nephew) is expecting a baby in August. I have a bunch of knitting to do!

And I installed a new shower head all by myself! That may not seem like much to you, but for someone who is repair-impaired, I'm really proud of that. I'm sure most men had to go through that "I wonder if I'm doing this right" phase before they discovered their mechanical aptitudes. But for some women (not all), doing simple repairs is a challenge. I take pride in being successful with these things--mastering the riding lawnmower, assembling a wheel barrow, installing a shower head. Every time I manage to do something like that, I feel that I've grown a bit in my independence. I have five brothers, a son (in Austin), and a father, but getting them to take time from the deer lease, work or the golf course is difficult. They have their own agendas, and, for them, my house seems far away (yeah--one of my brothers lives in Haughton!). So, the more I can do for myself, the better.

Let me see, can I find anything else? I did get to talk to my daughter twice last night and to my mother once. And, after a touch-and-go day with the Internet yesterday, today it seems to be holding steady. All together, not a bad start to the morning! It's so much better to dwell on the positive.

No comments: