Monday, March 15, 2010

Gardening Day...

So, I've graded everything I need to grade for the moment.  I have some papers coming in tonight, but today was a "free" day.  I worked in my gardens.

I'm what you might call a "haphazard" gardener.  I'm not a big planner.  I plant what I want, and just try to fit it all in.  And, yes, I planted before Easter (gasp!), so I might have to replant, but the Farmer's Almanac said today was a good day to plant anything that bears above ground (well, I planted onions, too).

So, here are some pictures of my gardens--the one for the veggies and the herb garden.

garden315007It's hard to see the tomatoes in this picture, but I planted three today--two bush tomatoes and one that's more viney.

 

 

 

garden315002

This is the Greek oregano, the lemon thyme and chives in the herb garden.  The chives have been here for two years; the other plants are new.

Those are just two pics.  I could upload more, but they would be a bit redundant!

bottlem14001

But here's a view of the bottle border.  I need more beer bottles, which my friends are working hard to get them to me.

I'll keep you posted on how the garden does, since I planted early.

No comments: