Tuesday, November 04, 2008

NaNoWriMo Update...Nov. 4

As of 5pm today, I have officially written 12, 458 words. That's about 3,ooo words per day for four days. I've been taking two hours a day--getting up early, or stealing two hours from grading papers. I've also spread out the assignments that are coming in so I have a day (tomorrow!) where I don't have to grade/read anything. But I am going to a party for my friend and colleage, Dr. Nicole Peeler, who just found out she has a three-book deal with a real publisher! I'm psyched for her (and a bit jealous)! But she deserves it, and I feel lucky to know a "real" author (fiction, even). Maybe I can learn something from her.

I'm just going to plug away at this novel I'm writing until the end of November, and then I'll worry about what I have.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. The goal is at least 50,000 words by Nov. 30.

2 comments:

Grace L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grace L. said...

http://www.willwriteforchocolate.com/2007/11/22/the-zone-2/


http://www.willwriteforchocolate.com/2008/09/16/svens-success/


You'll appreciate both of those, I know. Enjoy! And I'm sorry that I couldn't link either of them properly.