Saturday, August 04, 2007

I Finally Did It!

Two socket sets and almost as many weeks later, I managed to finally change the oil in my riding lawn mower. I banged up my hand trying it, but was amazed to discover how important the right tool is for accomplishing a task. Once I had the right socket and a ratchet extender, getting the oil drain plug off was a cinch! Now that's done, and I can wait for a while before I do this again. And, of course, I mowed the entire lawn. Hooray for me! My house seemed neglected with the tall grass. While I'm not the best mower, I did manage to get the grass down to a manageable height.

So, what else is new? Not much. The summer semester finished up on August 1st, and I've already posted my grades. Now I need to organize and post materials for my fall classes. Looks like all of them will make, but I'm a bit worried. I have one new course that has 11 people in it; I'm hoping that's enough. I don't want to have to scramble to create a new course right before the semester begins.

I think I only slept about five hours last night, so I may have to take a nap. I was reading, and, when I looked at the clock, I was shocked to see the time was 4am. I often lose track of time when I read. I woke up this morning around 9:30am, drank a cup of coffee, and started on the yard. The time now is about 1pm; I'm beginning to feel sleepy. So, yeah, a nap is in order, followed by intense work on my fall classes.

4 comments:

CrackHeadforTennis said...

Hey Mrs. Smith! I hope that you are done with Harry Potter. To me, it sounds like you do not want the fall semester to start. I know I don't. My summer has not been as exciting as I hoped it would be. Look at you! You don't need a man to change the oil for your lawnmover. Independent. I hope to see you during school. I feel like throwing up every time that I think about school. See ya! Great blog.

A Simple Song of Hope said...

What were you reading? :)

Jonna

dotsmom said...

Jonna,

Harry Potter; I think I've re-read the last three books about 5 times each!

K. Smith

Mary-Katherine said...

I've re-read the last few Harry Potter books several times too! I'm waiting until I finish everything on my to-do list before I read the last one. Until then, I'm avoiding any spoilers.

I had a conversation with one of my professors about Harry Potter just the other day. What amazing books... so many people of all ages read and enjoy them.

It's good to read your posts again and such a great way to keep in touch!